1. Where are you from?
I was born in Blackpool Victoria Hospital but lived in Kearsley, nr Farnworth.
2. Where did you study?
- Hayward Grammar School- O levels
- Great Moor Street College- A levels and Preliminary Course in Social Care (P.C.S.C)
- UCLAN- C.Q.S.W
- Edge Hill University- BSc-Health and Social Care Management
3. Where did you work previously?
- Case Management: Rehab Without Walls from June 2014 to July 2021.
- Local Authority since 1985 to 2014, across child care and adult social care: operational, managerial and senior manager level.
4. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Usually my dogs and a nice cup of tea!
5. What’s an average day look like for you?
There’s no such thing as an average day. Work takes up most of the week, sometimes into the evening because of the nature of case management and I try to relax as much as possible at the weekends.
6. What’s been the single best moment of your career?
- When I was a child care social worker, against all the odds and advice, I placed five siblings together ages ranging from 7 to 13, into long term foster care.
- Getting the next new instruction.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Looking at my pensions!
8. If you didn’t do this job – what would you do?