Title: Rehabilitation Support Worker
Rate of Pay: £11.60 – £12.10 an hour
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent, Part-time hours: 24 per week
About the role
Our client is a 49 year-old male who has sustained a brain injury as the result of a Road Traffic Accident over 20 years ago. He has significant mobility issues and is paralyzed down one side of his body. He uses a wheelchair to mobilise and he also experiences Dysphagia and well-managed epilepsy with occasional need for rescue medication. A therapy team has been appointed to oversee his ongoing rehabilitation and promote his independence.
The client has a good sense of humour, enjoys various activities and has a good relationship with his staff. His speech has been affected due to his brain injury but enjoys socializing and communicating with his staff, family and the wider community. Patience, understanding and effective communication is essential for this client to ensure that he is included and respected throughout his support.
Our client requires support workers to join our small team in his home in Garforth. This will involve taking an active role in his personal care (including suprapubic catheter care), medication, supporting with all aspects of daily living and promoting a well balanced and enjoyable life through social outings and activities.
Activities enjoyed by the client currently are; attending Leeds United Football matches, adapted skiing at Chill Factore, hydrotherapy, shows, holidays, garden centres and various other activities.
The hours and salary we are offering are:
£11.60 per hour Monday to Friday.
£12.10 per hour Saturday and Sunday.
24 hours – 2 x 12 hour shifts per week on a rota basis
This post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
· Experience of working in a support role, both in the community and the home.
· Friendly, approachable and confident in the role.
· Flexible in approach to meet the needs of the client.
· Full driving licence with access to own car.
· Experience working with acquired brain injuries.
· NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent recognised health profession qualification.
· Previously worked with therapists to deliver a support plan.
· Registered on DBS update service.