Title: Rehabilitation Support Worker
Location: Shawforth, Rochdale Lancashire
Rate of Pay: £10.80 – £12.05 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
About the role
Motivated and enthusiastic person required with a commitment to promoting and maintaining an independent lifestyle for an individual with significant care needs. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills while delivering care to an individual in their own home.
Undertaking a range of duties to support the client, you will work closely with other members of the team on providing the highest standards of health care.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, backed by previous health care experience, however full training will be given to those with the right approach and attitude.
The post requires that you work and conduct yourself in a manner that is acceptable to your employer. Reliability, integrity and complete trustworthiness are essential in the post.
Our client suffered a brain injury as a result of a road traffic accident. She is highly dependent, needs maximum assistance and requires full personal care.
She has a purposely adapted vehicle to enable her carers to take her out in the community.
She lives in her own purposely adapted accommodation in the Rochdale area with a team of carers.
Carers will be expected to cover all hours (24/7) in rotation and holidays and sickness periods of other care team members.
The job is full time 36 hours per week, working 12 hours shifts .
The Responsibilities of the Support Worker:
- To establish and maintain in a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship with the client, family, and the team leader.
- To support the client in line with the Care Plan and guidelines.
- To promote, monitor and maintain health & safety as well as security in the workplace.
- To promote effective communication with all parties.
- To contribute to the protection of the individual from abuse.
- To liaise with other agencies when required.
- To complete daily records as advised.
- To attend supervision, team meetings and other meetings with persons as nominated by the employer.
- To attend training sessions as arranged.
- To carry out therapy practise as advised by treating professionals.
- To support the client to engage in activities hobbies and interests within the home and the community.
- To participate with the client in hydrotherapy sessions (heated pool therapy).
- To undertake domestic cleaning duties.
- Any other reasonable task or intervention that is required of you to ensure all aspects of the clients health and social care needs are met.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You will hold a full and valid driving licence and be able to drive the adapted vehicle to enable the client to access the community.
- You will have previous health care experience, however full training will be given to those with the right approach and attitude.