Rehabilitation Support Worker
Location: Manchester, Chadderton OL9
£12 an hour – Part-time, Permanent
About the role
Our client requires a support worker to assist him on a 24 hour basis. This will involve taking an active role in working with him to attend appointments, encourage mild exercise, accompanying him with shopping, and liaising with appointed therapy professionals.
Working hours are available for those interested in full time working to provide overnight sleep ins 2 days per week including weekends and daytime hours. The contract will be for 40 hours per week. Rate of pay will be £12.00 per hour.
A private case manager is involved, working alongside the client and his family. A full induction training programme will be organised in order to familiarise the successful candidate with our client’s needs and complete training on his therapy programme.
The Responsibilities of the Support Worker
- To assist the client with food shopping, clothes shopping and encouraging the client to be mobile including but not limited to, walks in the local park, trips to shopping centres etc
- To accompany the client to any appointments during your shift
- To promote a healthy and well-balanced diet
- To promote the client’s wellbeing and happiness.
- To encourage our client to continue with his physical activity and promote independent living
- To provide assistance with all aspects of the client’s ongoing rehabilitation under the supervision of treating doctors and therapists.
- To maintain a safe environment for the client, in the home and in all community-based activities (subject to completion of risk assessment training).
- To follow the support programme agreed with the case manager, therapists and the client.
- To assist the client with any domestic chores and promote a clean environment
- To advise the family, or where appropriate the case manager of any concerns regarding the client’s physical and psychological health.
- To use initiative when unforeseen events occur, and the family / case manager are not directly available to provide guidance.
- To work as an individual responsible to the case manager and to ensure good communication, flexibility, and a consistent approach to care.
- To attend support worker meetings and training sessions as requested.
- To make a daily report following each duty regarding the client’s welfare.
- To liaise with the case manager for annual leave requests and alert the case manager of sickness that will prevent them working, in order that cover can be organised.
- To report to the case manager regarding general progress and any incidents that give rise for concern.
- To respect the privacy of the client. All matters relating to the client’s situation and family are to be treated as confidential and are not to be disclosed to a third party.
Qualifications and Experience
- A full clean driving license is essential for this post.
- You should have a diploma in Health and Social Care level 2/NVQ or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will require 2 references and a full enhanced DBS check will be completed following acceptance of this position.