Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00 to £11.00 /hour
Our client is a 50-year-old male who has sustained a brain damage as the result of a Road Traffic Accident. He has significant mobility issues and uses a wheelchair to mobilise, he also experiencesDysphagia. A therapy team has been appointed to oversee his ongoing rehabilitation and promote his independence.
Our client requires support workers to join our small team in his home. This will involve taking an active role in his care, under the supervision of appointed therapy professionals.
Working hours are flexible and are available for those interested in full or part-time to cover 24 hours per day 7 days per week, including sleep in night shifts. Flexibility is also required to cover for holidays and sickness. Rate of pay will be £10.00 per hour.
A private case manager is involved working alongside the client and his family. A full induction training programme will be organised in order to familiarise the successful candidate with our client’s needs and complete training on his therapy programme.
The Responsibilities of the Support Worker
• To provide assistance with all of the client’s care requirements including showering/bathing, elimination, dressing and night care needs.
• To administer medication as prescribed and to maintain associated medication records.
• To prepare/supervise appropriate meals.
• To promote the client’s wellbeing and happiness.
• To provide physiotherapy exercise and positioning as recommended by therapy professionals.
• To provide assistance with all aspects of the client’s ongoing rehabilitation under the supervision of treating doctors and therapists.
• To maintain a safe environment for the client, in the home and in all community-based activities (subject to completion of risk assessment training).
• To follow the support programme agreed with the case manager, therapists and the client.
• To be responsible for domestic chores linked with the client’s overall care. These will include laundry, ironing and cleaning, and any additional tasks in the interests of providing a safe, clean and efficient environment.
• To advise the family, or where appropriate the case manager of any concerns regarding the client’s physical and psychological health.
• To use initiative when unforeseen events occur and the family / case manager are not directly available to provide guidance.
• To work as a member of a small team responsible to the case manager and to ensure good communication, flexibility, and a consistent approach to care.
• To attend support worker meetings and training sessions as requested.
• To make a daily report following each duty regarding the client’s welfare.
• To liaise with case manager for annual leave requests and alerting the case manager of sickness
that will prevent them working, in order that cover can be organised.
• To report to the case manager regarding general progress and any incidents that give rise for concern.
• To respect the privacy of the client. All matters relating to the client’s situation and family are to be treated as confidential and are not to be disclosed to a third party.
• A full clean driving license is essential for this post. You should have a diploma in Health and Social Care level 2/NVQ or equivalent. The successful candidate will require 2 references and a full enhanced DBS check will be completed following acceptance of this position.
For further details or an informal conversation and to be sent an application pack, please contact:
Rob Wagstaff Case Manager on 07966 497 319